What is the Good Shepherd Foundation?
- The Good Shepherd Foundation is an independent 501(c) (3) corporation that was formed in 2000 by a group of Good Shepherd parents to support the Good Shepherd teachers, staff, and school.
- Each year, the Foundation holds the “Grizzly Gala.” Dedicated school parents volunteer to chair the event and our generous community contributes its time, talent, and treasure to ensure a successful event year after year.
Where do the funds raised by the Foundation go?
- Funds raised go toward teacher continuing education programs, teacher and staff retention bonuses, school improvement projects consistent with the mission and purposes of the Foundation, and the Foundation’s endowment, which is essentially an investment fund that ensures the future health of the school.
- Recent school improvement projects funded include technology (teacher laptops, student laptops, and smartboards) and classroom improvements (“model” 1st grade classroom with new cabinets, carpet, paint, and lighting).
Who governs the activities of the Good Shepherd Foundation?
- The Foundation is run by a board of 10 trustees (8 parents, the Good Shepherd pastor, and the Good Shepherd principal).
- Current board members are: Ingrid Briant (President), Scott O’Sullivan (Vice President), Maura Mackintosh (Secretary), Pamela Morin (Treasurer), Jennifer Connelly, Father James Fox (Pastor), Mark Strawbridge (Principal), Marianne Sulser, and Tom Wilten.
How can I get involved?
- PLEASE SAVE THE DATE for this year’s event – Saturday March 28th, 2020 – at the McNichols Building! You will not want to miss it! Tickets on sale soon! For more information on this year’s event click here.
If you have any questions or suggestions or are interested in serving on the Foundation board, please contact any Good Shepherd Foundation board member at any time. Thank you!