What is the Good Shepherd Foundation?
- The Good Shepherd Foundation is an independent 501(c) (3) corporation that was formed in 2000 by a group of Good Shepherd parents to support the Good Shepherd teachers, staff, and school.
- Each year, the Foundation holds the “Grizzly Gala.” Dedicated school parents volunteer to chair the event and our generous community contributes its time, talent, and treasure to ensure a successful event year after year.
Where do the funds raised by the Foundation go?
- Funds raised go toward teacher continuing education programs, teacher and staff retention bonuses, school improvement projects consistent with the mission and purposes of the Foundation, and the Foundation’s endowment, which is essentially an investment fund that ensures the future health of the school.
- Recent school improvement projects funded include a new playground, technology updates, and classroom improvements.
Who governs the activities of the Good Shepherd Foundation?
- The Foundation is run by a board of trustees.
- Current board members are: Father James Fox (Pastor), Joe Barrett (Principal, ex officio), Jill Hereau (Co-President), Kelly Warren (Co-President), Colleen Haskell (Treasurer), Janalee Chmel (Secretary), Jason Didday, Jennifer Kilgore, Sara Montgomery, and Lisa Straffon.
How can I get involved?
- SAVE THE DATE for this year’s event – Friday, April 19, 2024 – at the Denver Art Museum.
- Both the Foundation and the gala succeed because of dedicated volunteers. Please contact any Good Shepherd Foundation board member if you wish to volunteer with the gala or serve on the Foundation board.